domingo, 22 de março de 2009

Tá-me a dar uma vontade de rir que nem te digo

«You are about to turn 70. The inevitable question is: will this be your last job in football?
Who knows? I'm a believer that you leave these things to God, and I have to thank Him for the fact that I am still healthy and motivated enough to continue working. Beyond the challenge of taking Ireland to South Africa, I have made no plans, so let's see what happens.

Are your family happy for you to keep on working?
Well, my sons and daughters are happy for me to continue. But my wife is always asking me: 'When will you finish? When will you finish?' I just tell her: 'In the future!' She is always trying to pull me away from football, but not with much success (laughs).»

Entrevista dada à página da FIFA pelo actual seleccionador da República da Irlanda, Giovanni Trapattoni, que há uns anos, e depois de ser campeão nacional pelo Benfica, disse que não queria continuar na Luz para poder estar mais tempo com a sua família. «Trapattoni: Still hungry at 70», lê-se no cabeçalho da entrevista.

1 comentário:

Unknown disse...

Mas o "Trap" foi campeão pelo Benfica. Como adepto do FCP digo que algum mérito ele deverá ter.